“That moment when a friend tells you to tune in to a station and Junjou na Kanjou of Samurai X starts playing….”
That was January 10, 2015 (Saturday). You can just imagine my surprise upon hearing a local radio station (Cebu, Philippines) airing a Japanese song at 10 in the evening! I mean it’s not like it’s a totally impossible scenario.
But it was certainly my first time hearing a station airing anime songs one after another! So I did what any solid anime fan would do. I listened. And mind you, the segment did not only last for an hour. I had my earphones on until 11 and Yuzerenai Negai of Magic Knights Rayearth is still up.
I’m quite not sure about the exact time it ended (according to a friend it was around 2 a.m.), but here are some of the facts I’ve learned in an hour of tuning in to that station:
- 105.1 Oomph Radio is the official name of the station. Here is their official Facebook page.
- The name of the segment is Otaku Hour but while it’s supposed to be just an hour-long program I clearly heard the DJ saying that he’ll run the segment until the end of his shift which is 2 a.m. (and that he can run it until 3 or 4 a.m. if we want to – indirect quote)
- Speaking of the DJ, he calls himself DJ Ru and he’s a cosplayer.
- We can send in song requests by their official Facebook page or through their mobile number: 09329473680
- They have their playlist and if you request a song which is not yet included in it, you may have to wait for the next segment (read: next Saturday) to hear it.
- The program ONLY plays ANIME SONGS. Not just any Japanese songs.
- Sending of greetings to friends is also welcome apart from song requests.
I missed the January 17th segment so I’m not sure if they shortened the airing period to an hour as what a post says. Who tuned in to their latest segment? Please drop some comments below so others will know as well! Sore ja!