Ah, anime detectives.
Cool, smart, intellectual badass with the looks. Who wouldn’t want to be them?
Or at least dream to become them even for just a day?
I do. You do too? High-five!
There aren’t much detective anime series last season, but one show that really got me hooked is Bungou Stray Dogs.
And while its ‘detective’ theme isn’t as hardcore and tightly-knitted like Detective Conan, it sure has a bunch of supernatural bishounens who serve as crime investigators and who have a real deal of solid characterization.
So let’s all dream and say we can be detective for once. Who among the following best describes your personality?
Dazai Osamu – “Happy go lucky is the true way”
- You are laid back and never stress yourself for any assignment.
- You’re naturally curious and loves to explore new things that could potentially give more meaning to life.
- Many of your colleagues find you eccentric and a hassle to deal with, but your natural charisma seemed to gravitate people towards you – something which you really don’t care.
- In reality, you know a lot of things other’s don’t, but since you don’t care, you also don’t like parading your detective prowess to the rest.
- Casual acquaintances find you funny and easygoing. But deep inside you’re secretive and observant.
- You easily see things, most detectives don’t, and that makes you a vital part of the team.
But then again, you don’t care.
Kunikida Doppo – “I play by the rules.”
- You pay high regards to rules and policies, almost treating them with reverence and giving them utmost respect.
- Hierarchy of organization matters and you wouldn’t dare making a vital action without relaying the details to your superiors.
- Many of your colleagues say you’re too stiff and that you need to loosen up, but for you, it’s part of your job.
- You have a high sense of professionalism and responsibility, which is exactly why the higher ups trust you with confidential matters.
- For you, cases are solved logically and methodically. There are no shortcuts.
- While you generally see everything on its reason, you are also hardcore in your idealism – an attitude that sometimes makes you arrive at stubborn decisions.
But then again, it’s all in the book.
Ranpo Edogawa – “I’m the best. Deal with it.”
- You’re that detective who they call ‘genius.’ And it’s never just because of your consistent, oozing confidence.
- You have an astounding record in solving crimes and had the most minimal to no failed assignments.
- Your confidence and wit is your major asset and you love parading them to everyone else.
- Recognition from colleagues, superiors and clients is your source of motivation because if not, then what else?
- Deep inside, you love your colleagues’ company and you’ll never hesitate to help them out as long as due credit is given.
- You’re a genius and you know it. Majority of those who know you love your presence. Others see you as arrogant.
But then again, you’re the best. Others just have to deal with it.
Kenji Miyazawa – “In everything you do, show kindness.”
- You treat the detective job as your chance to help people.
- You’re kind-hearted and soft-spoken and is usually the one who fixes rifts and heated argument among your colleagues.
- Cooperation and camaraderie are two practices you uphold the most, which also makes you a vital asset in terms of pair or group investigations.
- You have a natural talent in drawing out answers through strategic interviews.
- For you, individual rights is sacred and must be considered at all times.
- Many people say you’re too kind and that you’ll need to toughen up to survive the demanding industry. For you, you’re just doing fine.
- You have an extensive patience, which is why interrogation and data validation is mostly assigned to you.
- Kindness is your way of life, but you are also not completely averse to using force when options have been exhausted.
But then again, kindness works magic, so as much as possible, you don’t want to hurt anyone.
Atsushi Nakajima – “I can help you, but you’ll need to tell me how.”
- You’re the newcomer who has the skills but needs the support of some seniors.
- You are naturally inquisitive and don’t hesitate to ask questions to get a clearer view on a specific case.
- They say that your main asset comes from your perceptiveness and open mindedness, but honestly, you’re not exactly aware of these skills yourself.
- Companionship is important to you and you’ll never hesitate to volunteer if someone from your team needs help.
- You are decisive when put under pressure, but can be real stubborn in spotting critical facts especially when you don’t have a clear picture of what you’re dealing with.
- A quick thinker in general, your seniors believe in your potential.
But then again, you still have a lot to work on.
Akiko Yosano – “Follow my lead and let’s bring it on.”
- You are a born leader – the type of person whom most of your colleagues look up to and at some point, fear.
- You sport a no-nonsense attitude and always set a clear line dividing your personal and professional life.
- While being one of the senior detectives, nobody really knows your full background story. In short, you are a mystery.
- For you, keeping some things secret is vital in any detective’s career.
- You prefer working indoors and would rather solve crimes with all the evidence placed on your desk. So when outside job is required, you double your effort to finish it quick so you can piece the puzzle in the comforts of your office.
- You may appear cool, but there’s a certain part of you that would love to beat anyone who drags your investigation down.
- You’re a true leader who prefers staying away from too much spotlight.
But then again, everyone knows it already.
I am Akiko Yosano-san! Although there’s a certain part of my personality that also falls under Kunikida-kun.
Now it’s your turn!
Let’s see what your personality reveals about your potential detective match!