Another nomination! Osu! But more importantly, this is another chance to pull into the spotlight some of the anime bloggers who had some nice stuff on their blogs!
I had to dig through my email because I remember receiving pingbacks about this Sunshine Blogger Award multiple times and I did receive three nominations in total!
My biggest thanks to:
Reads, Rhythms, and Ruminations who just started blogging but is already putting out cool posts!
LittleAnimeBlog for being so consistent in blogging given the diverse things they cover in one blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
I was debating which of the three sets of questions (from the three who nominated me) should I answer and I decided to go for the last nomination from LittleAnimeBlog. Dozo….
1. What got you interested in blogging?
Anime. I’ve grown up watching anime, and there were times when I felt the need to share something about it. I love writing too so I figured that I should start one. For pleasure and practice.
2.What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell people?
That I’m a home buddy. I often get invited by friends and cousins to hang out and more often than not, I only end up getting stressed with all the noise. I sometimes refuse. Then they give me weird looks. And then I go explaining why I want to stay home and all that.
3.What first got you interested in anime and or manga?
I was pretty sure it was Fushigi Yuugi’s OP. I remember hearing it every 5 p.m. when I was a kid. It’s the regular airing schedule of the show in our place, and one of our neighbors just felt like upping the volume when the song starts.
I’m too young to ask if it was intentional but I guess it did the job of conditioning my brain to like Japanese songs. And the rest is history.
4.Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Both. I’m good whenever coffee or tea is present.
5.Do you plan or wing your blog posts?
Plan. Although there are few exceptions just like the random reaction post I did about Yuri on Ice.
6.If you could save three things from a fire in your home, what would they be? (Ps size, weight, and quantity don’t matter.)
Laptop, Bible, and cash
7.Do you have any anime merch? (this includes manga) If yes, what was the very first thing you bought?
My first purchase came in one package: Prince of Tennis stickers, Bleach laminated trading cards, and a Rukawa poster – the same poster which my mom threw away because she thought Rukawa looked ugly. Can you believe that?
8.How open are you in the real world about your feelings towards anime?
In a scale of 1 to 5, with five being the most open, I’m a 4.
9.Have you ever cosplayed or wanted to? If yes, what character and why that character?
I’ve never cosplayed. I prefer to be taking photos instead. But if I had to choose one, I’ll probably go for Konan of the Akatsuki (Naruto Shippuden series).
One, because I like the Akatsuki robe and she’s cool. Two, because I fancy the thought of being in the same group as Itachi. LOL.
10.If you knew money was not an issue, what is the one thing that you would do for yourself?
Go to Japan and study their language.
11.What is your favorite post that you have written on your blog and what is the most popular post on your blog?
Favorite would be:
Most popular based on responses would be:
Our Awesome Nominees! (in no particular order & excluding those who nominated me)
- Neighborhoodotaku from OtakuCollision
- HeyItsZel from Archi-Anime
- Kurumi from KurumiShim
- Two Happy Cats from KurosamaReviews
- PokeNinja90 from Bakphoontyphoon
- Samui26 from The Anime Glutton
My turn to ask the questions…
- Hisoka or Chrollo? And why?
- What was the most thought-provoking anime / manga you’ve watched/ read?
- What was the most overrated AND underrated anime series you’ve encountered?
- If given a chance to rewrite a part of the Naruto series, which character death would you have prevented? Why? If none, why?
- Have you done something so uncharacteristically hilarious in the name of anime? If yes, what is it?
- IF, by some astronomically thin chance, anime and manga gets banned, what would be the FIRST THING you’ll do?
- Who’s your favorite FEMALE anime character of all times? Why?
- What’s your primary motivation for blogging?
- If given a chance to team up with another anime blogger for an awesome blog post, who will it be? Why?
- What’s the most exotic food you’ve tasted so far?
- What was that thing you did that you’re most proud of?
I’m pretty sure some of my nominees has been nominated for the same award so if you’ve already written an entry in your blog, feel free to just leave your answers for these questions in the comments!