First things first, this post isn’t meant to provide a statistically accurate answer for the question.
Rather, it seeks to explore different pairings from Haikyuu’s Karasuno high to see which matchup could potentially be considered as the strongest duo when placed in a game.
Hinata Shoyo & Kageyama Tobio
The most popular on this list could probably be the strongest pair too! Here’s why:
- Hinata’s by far the only one capable of catching up with Kageyama’s quick tosses
- Kageyama would spike a ball straight to my face for even saying this, but I guess we all agree that he trusts Hinata. A lot. (flees to Shiratorizawa for defensive measures!)
- And how sweet! Hinata trusts Kageyama too! Otherwise, he wouldn’t have agreed to spike a ball with closed eyes.
- Kageyama’s a quick thinker, and what Hinata couldn’t understand, he does.
- Hinata’s stamina is no joke. As long as Kageyama can toss, he’ll most likely hit every ball thrown at him.
Daichi Sawamura & Sugawara Koshi
You can’t just let your guard down against someone perceptive, observant and most of all…..calm.
- Both have been playing together on the same team for quite a while. And we know that in a team or dual sport, experience and teamwork matters.
- Daichi is a very competent receiver. Remember Oikawa’s monstrous, canon-like serve? Daichi managed to catch it well.
- Sugawara’s a natural strategist. He’s observant and can easily devise a strategy even while on play.
- Daichi is really good in dealing with pressure, and combined with Suga’s calm and focus, they perfectly embody what crows do in a hunt.
Asahi Azumane & Nishinoya Yu
Karasuno’s ace and libero. Need I say more?
- Asahi’s going to deny it because he’s shy but he’s got the strongest spiking power in Karasuno. That’s a fact.
- Nishinoya will save any incoming ball to his direction even if he rolls, tumbles and wipes the floor clean with his face for trying.
- Asahi’s a well-rounded player. Even if he can’t spike close to the net (which he will if given the chance), he can do back attacks, floating serves and receives. Oh yes, he may not be skilled in tossing, though.
- But Nishinoya can toss really well, so problem solved.
- They’re a pair packed with power and stamina.
Kageyama Tobio & Tsukishima Kei
No way. These two can never be paired up with each other. WRONG.
- Kageyama and Tsukishima’s block is a powerful defense.
- They perfectly complement each other. Tsukishima can provide the calm Kageyama needs while the latter can deliver the right dose of decisiveness Tsukishima lacks.
- Some will not agree. Others will get pissed, but their common air of arrogance and confidence while in the game is actually an asset. (and kind of attractive in their own way)
- Tsukishima’s technically a middle blocker, but he can deliver powerful spikes. Combined with Kageyama’s accurate tossing and Tsukki’s height, they have the best chance of aiming at the best area on court with ease.
Ryunosuke Tanaka & Nishinoya Yu
Silence doesn’t have a place for this pair. And they make sure everyone knows about it on court.
- I guess we all have to agree that they boost each other’s energy. Literally.
- Stamina wise, this pair is arguably on top of their league.
- Now that Nishinoya has learned the art of tossing, he’ll have no issues sending the ball for Tanaka’s powerful spikes.
- Besides, Tanaka’s intimidation strategy works wonders.
Hinata Shoyo & Nishinoya Yu
They have one crucial thing in common – not their flexibility, nor their superb level of energy. It’s their height.
- But while this becomes a major disadvantage, their natural skills, and passion for the sport are able to compensate their height issues.
- Hinata’s unbelievable speed works well with Nishinoya’s quick receives.
- They both possess an admirable mental strength that allows them to enhance their focus even when under pressure.
- Hinata works on instinct while Nishinoya on experience. Both balances each other out just well enough.
Of course, winning a volleyball game requires more than two strong players on court, but it’s always an advantage when you know the team has an excellent duo who could deliver the finishing shot at the best timing.
Choose one among the combinations, create your own Karasuno pair if you’d like, and tell us which duo you think deserves the title of the ‘strongest crows!’
We’ve done a synonymous poll with Bungou Stray Dogs. Now let’s see who gets the highest votes for Haikyuu! I’ll be waiting!